- When did you begin playing golf and how did you learn?
I started when I was a toddler following my dad around at a Maple Hill Golf Club in Saginaw, MI. He taught me and my sister how to play before we were five.
- Tell me about one of your most treasured lessons on the golf course.
One of my most treasured lessons that I have learned and am still learning on the golf course is to be patient.
- What have you learned about yourself through the game of golf?
I’ve learned that I can be successful at whatever I want to be if I put hard work and practice in what I’m doing.
- What do you enjoy most about the game of golf?
I enjoy the friendships I make through golf. Most of my best friends are involved in golf in some way.
- What are your plans after high school?
I hope to play golf at a school I like, but if that doesn’t work out I want to go to the school I’ve wanted to go to since I was a young boy, Michigan State University.
- What advice would you give beginning golfers looking to take up the sport?
Have fun with the game. Not everyone can be as good as Jordan Speith or Tiger Woods. If you feel like you can be good at this game, put in the hard work and see how far it can take you. I believe the best of my play is still ahead.
- What has been the greatest lesson you have learned by participating in Oregon Junior Golf?
The greatest lesson I’ve learned is how to control yourself when you’re playing tournament golf.
- What is your favorite golf course in the Pacific Northwest?
My favorite golf course in the Pacific Northwest is Tetherow in Bend, Oregon where my family and I are members. The golf course is challenging but if you can master that course, you can play any course in the world.
- What has been the highlight of your golf career?
The highlight of my golf career is wining the State championship with my high school golf team. It was our first State title in school history, and I am glad that I was a part of that team.