1. When did you begin playing golf and how did you learn?
I started playing golf as soon as I could walk. With my Dad being a teaching professional it was very easy to be exposed to the game. He taught me how to play. Also my Grandma has been a great influence and supporter of my starting the game.
2. Tell me about one of your most treasured lessons on the golf course?
My most treasured lesson on the golf course is to always be positive. And every time I go out to play I am going to learn something that will help me in my golf game in the future. Also, anything can happen. Until the pin goes in on the 18th hole, it is not over.
3. What have you learned about yourself through the game of golf?
If I set my mind to it, anything can happen. I didn’t really focus on golf until a few years ago. I decided that if i wanted to do better I needed to work on it. So that is what I did!
4. What do you enjoy most about the game of golf?
What I enjoy most in golf are all the people that can play it, and how social it is. People play golf at all ages, and not many sports are like that. I also love all the people you can meet because of golf. I think it is a great way to meet life-long friends.
5. What are your plans for after high school?
My plans after high school are definitely focused on playing college golf. I am still undecided, but it is a goal of mine to play at a Division 1 school.
6. What advice would you give beginning golfers looking to take up the sport?
The advice I would give to younger golfers is to keep it fun. Golf is meant to be fun so don’t let it become a chore. Also as my Dad would say “enjoy the journey”. You are going to have bad days and good days, but just know they are all part of the journey to becoming a better golfer.
7. What has been the greatest lesson you have learned by participating in Oregon Junior Golf?
I have had so many great memories and lessons from participating in Oregon Junior Golf, but my favorite is how to deal with adversity. Whether it be golf shots, tournament settings, people you are playing with, weather conditions, etc.
8. What is your favorite golf course in the Pacific Northwest?
My favorite golf course in the Pacific Northwest is Portland Golf Club.
9. What has been the highlight of your golf career?
The highlight of my golf career was earning medalist honors as a freshman at the Three Rivers District Tournament shooting 72-72 at Arrowhead Country Club and qualifying for the state tournament.